Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!

I hope this post is finding everyone enjoying 2011. Can you believe it? It’s already 2011!! It seems as if I was just getting used to the idea of being in the year 2010 and now I have to reset my brain for the new year.

I apologize for my absence lately. I wish I can say that I was super busy taking advantage of our time off from work/school and getting lots of projects done, but mainly I was just being a lazy bum. However, we did on a whim decide to cover our house with dust again. We had plans to sand and repaint our blonde wood banister to match the new dark floors over the holiday, but we kept putting it off, that is, until yesterday…the day before Jonathan had to go back to work. We made the mistake of thinking that we wouldn’t recreate the dust bowl of the thirties, and because of this misjudgment, we found ourselves cleaning the floors, surfaces, and carpets well into the evening. But now our banister is sanded and awaiting prep for painting. Once it’s all pretty, I’ll take pictures and show you. I also have to take pics of the new floors, our newly painted dining room, Audrie’s installed window seat shelves, the new office color… I have to get myself in gear! In the meantime, I’ll show you this blurry picture of what’s to come in our living room…

shelves

As for resolutions, I just have one…focus. That is, whatever I set my mind to accomplishing, I need to focus and see it through. I am very easily distracted, and have a tendency to start projects and never see them fulfilled before I start another one. So this year, I’m determined to focus and accomplish the goals I have set for myself years on end.

That’s it for now. I’m going to put my camera around my neck so I will remember to take pictures.

xo

nessa dee

No comments: