Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Good Morning

I think an introduction might be necessary. My name is Nessa Dee, and I write this blog, although it’s been a while since I’ve written anything hence the intro.

I hope you haven’t given up on me. I’m trying to get back on the blogging/art making track, but we’re gearing up for school [which starts Friday] and I didn’t want to bore you with pictures of the mess that is my house.

We’ve also been painting…

DSC_0012

This is Finn’s room all spiffed up in a soothing shade of blue. It’s a far cry from the black he originally wanted. His room will eventually be adorned with pirate decor to satisfy my little buccaneer, as well as his dad who thinks the blue isn’t manly enough.

Additionally, I’m trying to get a homeschool room put together in a nifty little nook located off our gameroom. It hasn’t been easy for I am one indecisive lady. I just want to do it once and do it right, so figuring out what kind of storage will suit us best is taking some time.

nook

We’ve also been camping…

DSC_0015

in our gameroom. The kids slept in the tent last night, but it didn’t hold up. At some point in the wee hours of the morning the tent collapsed. At least the campfire we built on the train table lasted long enough to roast some marshmallows.

Well now I’ve gone and bored you with pictures of my messy house. I apologize. And just in case you’re wondering, we didn’t really build a fire in the gameroom. We did have marshmallows for breakfast though.

marshmallows

Now on to using my kids as test subjects for my first art lesson on color theory.

xo

nessa dee

No comments: