The following statements are observations straight from the mouth of Gus.
- "Momma, your teeth are wronging."
- "Momma, don't make me go to prekool, and don't make me come home cause it makes my tongue go up and down. "(How Gus described having the hiccups)
- Heman's montra: "By the power of preschool!"
- After putting on a pair of boots, "Look! I'm a cowboy horse like PaPa Jack!"
- Me: "August, that was some pretty singing!"
Gus: "You're welcome, Momma."
- At a roller skating rink: "Momma, I need car shoes!"
- Hiding under a towel: "Look, Momma! I'm upside down! I go up, and then I go down!"
- "Is it upside down, or upside up?"
- Gus: "Is Trixie (our dog) a grill or a boy?
Me: "She's a girl."
Gus: "Where's her earrings?"
Honestly, I don't know why this child is such a ham.