Thursday, July 23, 2015

Life According to Gus


:: "Momma, my nose is falling off."  [he had a runny nose]

:: Pointing to his butt, "Say hi to my friend."
   Me: "Uh...hi?"
   Gus, with his butt facing me: "Do you want to go to the beach tomorrow day?"



:: Checking on Gus who was supposed to be napping.
   Me: "August, where's your shirt?"
   Gus: "It flew away. It's really dirty."
   Me: "Why is your shirt dirty?"
   Gus: "Uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh..."
   Me: "Do you want to get up?"
   Gus: "Uh, yeah."  [gets new shirt out of his drawer] "Here's my shirt. It's really pretty."

:: I'm doing the hiccups, Momma!

:: I want to wear this hat for Finn. [translation: I want Finn to wear this hat.]

:: Gus: "Momma, smell this [Fortune Cookie] What's it smell like?"
   Me: "Smells like a cookie."
   Gus: "No, it smells like a spaceship."





:: [While covered with soap in the shower] "Something feels spicy."
   Me: "Something feels spicy?"
   Gus: " Yeah, on my butt."
   Me: "Uh, okay."

:: Gus: "Momma, come look at my cars."
   Me, looking at a collection of cars he placed on the floor: "Wow!"
   Gus: "That was very nice for you to see."

:: [Upon seeing me unload his bike from the car, he questioned]  When we get home, can I ride my bike right in here and I be a happy boy?"

:: Me: "Hey kids, what do y'all want to do tonight?"
   Gus: "We need to drink chocolate milk, eat Pop Tarts and eat donuts and ring the bell."



:: Gus: 'Momma, you need to get Finn a spanking."
   Me: "Why does Finn need a spanking?"
   Gus: "Because he not let me play his bideo games."

:: Me: "August, do you want to go make a sand castle?"
   Gus: "No, I want to build a hole, and put my head in it."

:: [Lifting his shirt to reveal his stomach] "Look at my abs!"

:: Me: "August, when I say no, that means you don't do it."
   Gus: "When I say yes, that means I do it."

This little boy will be 3 years old next week. He certainly keeps me on my toes, but he's quite hilarious...and we love it!
xo

nessa dee

No comments: