Saturday, May 29, 2010

I Heart Wallpaper

No, not really. I’ve been knee deep in a paint swatches lately. I promised my kids that once we got into a new place, their rooms would be the first thing on the list to decorate. The last time we moved it was into a brand spankin’ new house, so there was no prep work. We just bought the paint and went to town. This time however, there’s been a bit of prep work involved in the form of wallpaper removal. ugh.

DSC_0087

After we bought this house, we decided that since there was a little boys room all painted up that matched Finn’s bedding perfectly, we would give that room to Audrie so we could spend the weekend removing wallpaper, priming the walls AND ceiling and painting everything bright, girly colors. I know. Ridiculous. But there’s a reason we did so. This room happens to be the biggest of all of the extra bedrooms, and it seems obligatory to give the oldest the biggest room in the house. But more than that, this room has a window seat, and what girl doesn’t love a window seat?

DSC_0083

So while my hands reek of vinegar and my knees are covered in bits of wallpaper that I’ll probably have to use the paint scraper to remove, I keep picture my little avid reader curled up with a good book, sitting in her light saturated window seat. And if you’re wondering what the rooms going to look like, well I can’t tell you. It’s not going to be a big surprise reveal, it’s just that we haven’t quite figured it out yet. But here’s our jumping off point:

DSC_0109 The beautiful blue and white [damask?] print material which will become future curtains and pillows is one of two tablecloths I bought from Marshalls.

DSC_0111

They are 60"x 104" and were only $12 a piece. Not bad if I do say so myself.

Well, that’s it for now.

xo

nessa dee

No comments: