Thursday, March 17, 2011

Don’t Pinch Me!

Happy St. Patty’s Day! To stave off a good pinching, my blog is wearing green today, but not just any green. This green is coming from my hometown’s Wild Hog Cook-Off which is where we disappeared to for the weekend. It’s always a dusty affair. It’s hot. It’s noisy. It hosts the world’s shortest parade. But there’s always good food, good friends, and a carnival.

DSC_0245-1

DSC_0693-1

DSC_0457-1

DSC_0729-1

DSC_0564-1

DSC_0326-1

[carnival rides sans kids pics taken by Jonathan]

Well, that’s enough green…I hope. Can you tell that I’ve been having fun with photo editing lately? I’m using the free program Picnik. If you don’t have it yet, you should get it. It has some super awesome photo effects like Cinemascope and 1970’s and Cross Process which is what I used to give these carnival photos a vintage feel. I’m sure I’ll look back at my pictures one day and say” What was I thinking?” but for now, I’m having fun. The only downfall to this program is the hours wasted sitting in front of the computer giving one photo forty different looks.

So, I’m sorry for all of the funky photo editing lately. I’m sure there will be a lot more to come.  I apologize for that, too.

xo

nessa dee

4 comments:

Donna Casey VanCleve said...

No apologizing-- keep 'em coming. Wish I'd done a better job documenting you and Van's life via pictures & film. Sorry! But I'm sure enjoying what you're doing, sweetheart.

Donna Casey VanCleve said...

I'm looking at the peach-colored blouse I'm wearing in my profile photo with Finn & Mom. I wore the same blouse this year, too. (& probably the years in-between) Am I in a fashion rut? Don't answer that.

Donna Casey VanCleve said...

I didn't clarify-- that picture was taken at the Cotulla parade in front of the church during the County Fair weekend. I've worn the same blouse for at least 4 years now.

Nessa Dee said...

I have the same problem. If something works, I wear it a little too much. :)