Monday, March 7, 2011

Sneak Peek

Here’s a sneak peek of some of the work we’ve had done to the house recently:

DSC_0042

DSC_0040

We had these little columns beefed up with some moulding and trim to give them more character. As with the other trim work I will be showing you, these need to be painted, but aren’t they pretty?  Here’s a reminder of what they looked like before:

DSC_0016

We also had our staircase lined with bead board, as well as the wall under the bar. This makes for easier cleanup when it comes to wiping hand and foot prints off  of the wall.

DSC_0009

DSC_0012

DSC_0007DSC_0011

And did you notice those gorgeous things lining the bottoms of the walls? Here let me give you a closer look.

Here they are with my new rug from Marshalls:

DSC_0017

Here they are with my fabulous Craigslist find:

DSC_0023

[I bought four of those slipcovered Crate & Barrell chairs for $25 each. I was ecstatic. I still am ecstatic.]

Aren’t they purty, though? The baseboards, I mean. I didn’t know I could be so happy about baseboards, but they certainly add even more character to the house. And when you have a house that is the exact replica of the one across the street, adding unique touches make it stand out, and make it our own. I’ll post more pictures, hopefully better quality pictures of the final products once they’re all spiffy.

xo

nessa dee

2 comments:

tammy said...

Gorgeous!

Jenna said...

Wow, Ness, it's looking beautiful! Can't wait to see it in person.