Monday, August 29, 2011

Candy and Coffee

Besides getting me a new air conditioner for our anniversary, Jonathan also took me on a date…and not one that involved getting Chinese takeout and watching a movie on the couch [which, by the way, is my favorite kind of date]. We actually got dressed up and went downtown, which can be a lot of work for a lazy couple living in the burbs, but it wasn’t that bad. Jonathan found a show that involved ropes and masks and spandex. It’s not what you’re thinking. We went to a production of “The Red Shoes” performed by Austin’s very own aerial arts school, Sky Candy. I know, pretty cool, right? 

Here’s how awesome we looked heading downtown. Jonathan’s so hot, he’s actually glowing.

DSC_0004

If you can see past the dirty window, you’ll note that I’m wearing hot pink lipstick. That’s how dressy this date got. And I had to purse my lips because lipstick that bright makes you do such things.

DSC_0001 

I wiped it off about two minutes into the drive. I felt like a clown.

I did keep my red shoes on, though. These are my favorite pair.

DSC_0019

Here we are standing in line…

DSC_0017

DSC_0023

I really need a haircut.

Here’s the show poster…

DSC_0028

The show was impressive. These people were super duper strong, and I was nervous for them the whole time. The few pictures I did get were blurry because we weren’t allowed to use flash. I don’t know why, something about endangering the lives of the performers…blah…blah.

DSC_0038

Seriously, though, I was so worried that my flash would go off, and I couldn’t take the pressure, so I quit taking pictures.

After the show, I decided, as any normal, noncompetitive person would, that we should go do pull-ups and climb light poles. Jonathan left me on the street corner and went and had coffee instead.

DSC_0045

DSC_0047

Okay, he took me with him. We had a delicious piece of carrot cake and watched people.

DSC_0064-1

We also took a bunch of silly pictures all of which exhibit my crazy-eyed look, so I won’t scare you with them. Well, maybe just one…

DSC_0096

We considered going dancing, but my favorite shoes were not being nice to me. [At least they looked pretty, and that’s all that matters] Instead, posed for a few pictures and quickly got in our car before we got mugged.

Then we got home and enjoyed our nicely air conditioned house

xo

nessa dee

1 comment:

Tammy said...

You should not have taken off that lipstick! It looked hot! But I know what you mean. When I wear lipstick I just feel like people are staring at my lips and wondering what I am trying to pull off.