Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Windy

Saturday, Audrie's soccer team played in a 3v3 soccer tournament. Upon arriving at the fields at 8am, we were met with 25-40mph wind gusts with a wind chill factor in the 30's. I hoped for a cancellation because I'm a weenie when it comes to cold weather, but the show went on. Needless to say, it made for an interesting tournament. The girls had to dodge flying objects, chase the ball on kick-off because it wouldn't stay put, even gave up a goal because the wind blew the ball into the net. They prevailed, though, and came out with a 2nd place medal.



(Go ahead, laugh it up. I was cold. I wasn't the only parent dressed like this....see below.)


And what did the parents get for their dedication? Wind chapped skin and sunburns.

We sure do love these girls!
Nessa Dee

2 comments:

My Life as a Davis said...

A tent?!? Somebody brought a tent to the tourney? That's hysterical. Keep the stories coming, Ness. Miss you.

Bley said...

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog! I love your daughters name, if we had had a girl, she would have been Audrey. And great Etsy shop and illustration work!