Monday, October 25, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

pumpkins1

With all the craziness in our life right now, I’ve almost forgotten that we have a holiday fast approaching. I still haven’t made my kids costumes, I’ve eaten all the candy I bought on Friday, and themed craft projects have flown right out the window. We did, however, manage to make it to a pumpkin patch, thanks to my mom who asked us for help in carving a pumpkin. It was 5:30 PM, I hadn’t yet taken my morning shower, but I figured my frightful appearance would seem intentional given the upcoming spookfest.

pumpkins2

This particular patch was at the Methodist church in Taylor, TX [if anyone’s interested], and they had quite a variety of beautiful and unusual pumpkins. The kids ran around like crazy people, picking up and examining each pumpkin, and I ran after them like a really crazy [and scary-looking] person snapping their picture.

pumpkins10 DSC_0233 pumpkins4

I told them to pick out some unusual looking pumpkins since we can’t get those just anywhere. Finn was the first to snatch his up. He chose a beautiful blue-grey pumpkin to take home.

pumpkins5

pumpkins7

Audrie had a much harder time picking the perfect pumpkin. She couldn’t choose between the variety of rainbow colored pumpkins and red gnarly ones. There was also the butt pumpkin, who made its way into the final round of pumpkin picks because, well, it looked like a butt …

DSC_0256

She eventually settled on a red knotty pumpkin.

pumpkins11

And then I picked out a couple of pumpkins for myself. I chose the large, freckled, hairy pumpkins which already had silly faces carved on them.

pumpkins9

I plan on setting these two pumpkins by front door to scare any trick-or-treaters away since I already ate and thoroughly enjoyed all of our Halloween candy.

xo

nessa dee

1 comment:

Judy@cutest-little-things.blogspot.com said...

Looks like so much fun! I love this time of year!

Great photo!

Judy@cutest-little-things