Friday, September 28, 2012

Costumes of Halloween's past

I've been racking my brain trying to come up with Halloween costume ideas for the kids. I've never actually bought a costume. It started with me making a fairy costume for Audrie's first Halloween, and since then I just haven't been able to bring myself to purchase anything off the rack. I know my kids see those ready made costumes and sometimes wish I'd shell out the money for them, but maybe one day they'll appreciate their imperfect homemade counterparts, or at least the effort I put into them. Here are my past efforts:


















My absolute favorite costume, I'll have to post later. It was Audrie's 2nd Halloween, and it was taken with one of those old cameras where you actually had to print out the pictures, so I have to do some digging.

I loved our Adventure Time costumes last year, and I've been trying to come up with something equally awesome, but I'm at a loss. We've got an extra character this year, so any ideas for a family of five?

And by the way, you might have noticed that I'm stalling here. I haven't done our Crafty Friday, so I was trying to distract you with lots of pictures.

xo

nessa dee

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Everyone hope they have a good time in Halloween,but I think you must have a Halloween costume firstly ~~~

Donna Casey VanCleve said...

Glad you posted those! I'd forgotten some of them, & they're all awesome. I think I know which one was your favorite. We've had such fun shadowing Audrie and Finn all these years.

Irina D. said...

Hi Nessa,

I've been reading your blog for quite some time, and I really enjoy it. I love your art, and your family is really beautiful.

Just wanted to say that you guys would look awesome in The Incredibles costumes, and the kids' ages would fit quite well :)

Hope this gives you a bit of inspiration! I look forward to see what you come up with. I'm sure it will be good, whatever idea you decide upon!