Friday, March 15, 2013

7 months

That familiar feeling is back, the one that creeps up and settles in the pit of your stomach when your precious little baby has the new found freedom of mobility and no real sense of danger or depth perception. I know it will ease over time as August's strength and stability build, but until then, worry will be my constant companion.







Mr. August, you are a busy boy. You started crawling right before you turned 7 months, and already you've been pulling up to standing, trying to climb the stairs, and getting into everything. You love food, and you want a taste of everything I put in my mouth. Just the other day, I wasn't paying attention and you gummed the Rice Krispie treat in my hand. You love to play pat-a-cake and read your books. If I start reciting Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?, you get the biggest smile on your face. You'll try to drop things on the floor so I will say uh-oh, but sometimes you forget how to let go of the toy. You are a fake coughing champ. If I ask you Where's the doggie?, you'll look around until you spot Trixie. You've even figured out how to play tug of war with the dog, and will chase her down with a dog toy in hand to give to her. I love watching you grow and learn, August. It makes my heart happy.

I'll eat you up. I love you so.
xo
mom

No comments: