Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Big Reveal

I’ve been hinting at a project I was working on and giving you sneak peeks, and I am now ready to share the big news. I’m participating in the 5th Annual ABC’s Children’s Picture Book Competition this year! I have been paired up with Sheila O. Lindsay to illustrate a picture for her delightful poem entitled Dandelion Snow. In this sweet tale, three little girls all dressed for Sunday School decide to have a little race before church. The three girls stir up dandelion snow as they race back and forth in their backyard, smudging their faces and dresses, before being discovered by Mama.

snowrun-ABC1

The stories will be put to an internet vote September 20th through October 4th, and everyone is allowed to vote once daily for the two week period. The book with the most votes will receive a publishing contract for their winning entry! So, mark your calendars, spread the word, tell your friends, family and people you meet on the street!

xo

nessa dee

9 comments:

tammy said...

that is so neat! I am excited to see it and vote.

Michelle Henninger said...

Nessa, I just LOVE this illustration. I was looking at it with my kids and told them I felt like a kindergarten kid compared to you. Wow.

michael robertson said...

really beautiful! I will definitely check back.

omartus said...

this looks so nice! i want to see the whole work :) thanks for the visit. (love the children's room)

Desiree said...

looks awesome!!! you'll have my vote!

Roberta Baird said...

This is lovely... all the patterns really add to it!

Best of luck to you too!

gma said...

I´ll try not to forget! nice illustration:...

Deb said...

your illustrations are delightful. each one speaks for the pure joy children carry about the world around them. you can believe i will vote each day....as will my friends! Deb

Cathy Price said...

I just voted for the book you illustrated. Your aunt-in-law, Sherry, forwarded it to me. We work together in CISD and I remember Jonathan from when he was in high school. Good luck to you and your work is lovely.