I ended up going with the larger polka dots for the robot picture mats thanks to your suggestions, and the fact that they were a much brighter orange. We flanked my robot painting with them, and I love how it all turned out.
I moved the pictures that were hanging next to the robot over by the closet, and there's still plenty of extra wall space around the room to hang pictures of this little boy once he gets here.
My mother-in-law bought the mobile for the baby from Pottery Barn Kids, and the colors are perfect. We hung it over what I call the reading nook.
I also added the little magazine rack from Marshalls which houses some of our favorite books.
And did you see them? Here, take a closer look...
Don't look too closely, or you'll see my bad sewing job, but they're finished! It took my mother-in-law coming into town and offering to sew the trim for me to finally get the gumption to finish them. You see, I'm pretty stubborn, and I don't want someone else to do something for me that I'm capable of doing myself. If I'm ever dragging my feet on a project, please threaten to do it for me.
Now that those last few projects are done, the room is almost perfect. I just need a sweet baby to finish it off.
Just in case you're wondering, here's a resource list:
* Paint color: Behr's 'Castle Path' from Home Depot
* Crib: Bassett Baby via Craigslist
* Crib skirt: Dwell Studio from Target [out of stock]
* Crib sheets: Skip Hop's Alphabet Zoo
* Chest of drawers: Ikea
* Curtains: Ikea
* Ribbon trim and pillow material: Hobby Lobby
* Chair: Craigslist
* Mobile: Pottery Barn Kids
* Rug and book rack: Marshalls
* Dino pull toy: garage sale
* Big Boy the dog: Audrie's from when she was a baby
* Alphabet Wall Art: from various places including Hobby Lobby, thrift stores, and handmade. Each was
painted or covered with scrapbook paper, buttons, book pages, or map pages.