Monday, July 23, 2012

Playing Favorites

We try not to play favorites around here, but sometimes, just sometimes, it happens. Ever since we painted the baby's room and added all of the furniture, it has been the preferred spot for my kids. When they were supposed to be doing schoolwork at their desks they'd disappear. I'd find them, books strewn everywhere, in the baby's room working on the floor. They drag their beanbags into the space and hang out there all day. they drag their toys in there and build massive block cities in the one room I thought I could keep clean at least until the baby arrived. And it's not just the kids who are playing favorites. If we can't find the dog, she's usually under the crib, or making herself comfortable on one of the cushy surfaces in the room. If she could figure out how to get in the crib, I'm sure we'd find her there, too.





I, too, often find myself sitting in the chair, just staring at every little detail in the room. It makes me happy.

Maybe it's how bright and cheery the space is, maybe it's the decor that draws us all to the room, or maybe it's just the anticipation of the sweet little life who will soon occupy the room, but I think it's going to be our favorite space for quite sometime. 

xo

nessa dee

1 comment:

Isabel said...

what a sweet post!!! Love the doggie pictures he is too cute:O)