Monday, April 30, 2012

Hello, Monday!

This morning...

::We are anxiously watching Mr. Elmo Yellow Tiger make his cocoon. We found him on Friday, fed him tons of leaves all day Saturday, he made his way to the top of the bug box on Sunday, and now we are patiently waiting to see his metamorphosis.  I don't know who's more excited, the kids or me.
:: I'm almost done with the robot painting for the baby's room, but I'm not sure I like it. I might have to tweak it quite a bit, or sell it and make a new one.

 ::We finished painting the baby's room this weekend. It's grey with stripes. It looks a little sophisticated right now, but I'm planning on adding a lot of fun colors with the art I have planned for the space, the fabrics and the furniture. How do you like his new dresser/changing table?
:: I'm not quite finished with this project, but here's a sneak peek of what's new in the hallway between the kids' rooms.

:: I'm going to be setting up his crib today [finally]! I bought the crib off Craigslist over a month ago, and it's been sitting in the piano room ever since.
:: And finally, we've been making so many changes to the house, and I wish I had a working camera to show you everything. It took having a baby to give us the kick in the pants we needed to get things done, but then something else came up. I am super duper excited about what's going to be happening in a few weeks, but you'll have to wait and find out. Until then, we'll be working like mad to get our projects done before mid May.

Happy Monday!

xo

nessa dee 

4 comments:

Jade said...

Did you freehand those trees? Or use a stencil? Or use tape? I'm desperate to paint some trees like that in our entryway.

You inspire me so <3

Nessa Dee said...

Hi Jade...I just drew the trunks with a yardstick, and freehanded the rest. It took me longer than I expected b/c for some reason, I'm getting tired a lot easier these days. :)

Anonymous said...

Everything's looking so nice! The stripes look great!!
donnamommanonna

sweetheber said...

LOVE the trees!! I can't wait to see all your finished projects--good luck :)