Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fall Furniture Rearranging

I am happy to announce that my fall decorating is complete [kinda, sorta]. After I retrieved my box of fall junk from the garage and started distributing things around the house, I almost threw in the towel. I don’t have my house set up the way I want it just yet and throwing fall foliage on top of everything doesn’t seem to help. But one little text triggered a whole heapin’ spoonful of crazy. And what was that magic text?

“No soccer practice tonight.”

No soccer practice? My evening just opened up? Well, then…I’ll just move a piano.

Yep, I made the decision to move our piano out of our dining room and in to the office, which then led to other ventures such as moving our black display cabinet as seen here into the dining room…

DSC_0033

I was almost crazy enough to start painting the dining room that evening. It’s funny how a two extra hours in your schedule can make you think you can accomplish all those projects on your to do list that have been put off for weeks because of time constraints.

So I didn’t paint the dining room. But I did get most of my decor arranged sans a few things that haven’t found their rightful place.

DSC_0026

DSC_0040 DSC_0042

fall [Flower arrangement by Audrie]

I also had some help from our resident do-it-yourselfer. Here’s our fireplace ala Finn:

DSC_0016

Here’s our fireplace, round 2…

fireplace1

with a touch of Finn…

fireplace2

Now, all I have to do is to set the table. Oh, and address the huge mess I made as a result of moving bookshelves and cabinets full of books that will no longer house books, and do the laundry I neglected while decorating, and take care of my sick kids, etc. etc.

DSC_0017

I’m awaiting another magic text message.

xo

nessa dee

4 comments:

Donna Casey VanCleve said...

Love the toys on top of the candles. Nice touch! Everything looks very nice, and a librarian always loves to see stacks of books. : )

tammy said...

I am jealous of your house. I love fall.

Abbey said...

Nessa I love your colors! Would you come decorate my house? The fall box is in the garage. In the first picture, there are acrylic painted roses in a gold frame. Does that happen to be an Aunt Millie original? I have a piece that looks almost identical.

shabby chic furniture said...

I am really huge fan of the person who have decorated this house. Although cabinets are at exact place. I love the combination of the red flooring color with black cabinets in the dining room.