Monday, September 13, 2010

Soccer Season

We’re back in full soccer mode again. This season will mark the end of Audrie’s 5th year in soccer. I can’t believe it’s been that long. My how time flies. If you had asked me 5 years ago if I thought I would be a soccer mom, I would answered, “You’re crazy!” We tried the whole ballet route, and it just didn’t fit. We started Audrie in piano, but it wasn’t enough. We thought she needed something that would involve learning the art of teamwork. Soccer seemed a viable option. So, my husband and I never having played soccer before, signed her up and hoped for the best.

DSC05740

[Audrie’s soccer face]

soccer

[Audrie (left) and teammates Lauren and Lindsey who are still with the team]

Her first practice, she cried. Her first game, she cried. I thought I was a bad mom for getting her into this sport that she hated. But she stuck with it, she never cried again, and she loves this sport and her team.

soccer1

soccer2

soccer3

audsoccer

And we love to watch.

xo

nessa dee

No comments: