Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Happy Fall!

I should be cleaning the mess that is my house, but instead, I’ve decided to make an even bigger mess. Fall decor has finally exploded in my home.

DSC_0002

DSC_0010

boo

I’ve been meaning to decorate my house since the 1st of September, but as it is, life gets in the way, and I just haven’t found the time. And to tell you the truth, my house still hasn’t recovered from our move. I still have boxes I need to unpack, and rooms to set up, and pictures to hang, but that takes thought and planning; so instead I’m going to strewn garland, pumpkins, and fall foliage around to mask the fact that I haven’t put my house together…after 4 months of living here.

pic

See what’d I tell you. A few stuffed pumpkins to flank a picture that should be on the wall, and no one will even know the difference.

I really don’t need to do much decorating when it comes to fall. My house is already full of warm, autumn colors. It wasn’t planned, it just happened. I bought a rug I liked, I painted a painting with the same colors, throw in matching pillows and curtains, and my house looks perfectly decorated for one season out of the year.

DSC_0005

DSC_0137

Every spring I tell myself I’m going to lighten and brighten things up, but with that rug, I don’t have much room to play. So I just leave it alone and I don’t invite anyone over until the leaves start changing colors. Then it looks intentional.

I’ll invite you all in for a tour once if I get it decorated. Until then, enjoy the changing of the seasons!

xo

nessa dee

No comments: