Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Highlights

I'm trying to get back on track with blogging. I've been slacking off lately, and in doing so, I'm just now posting the happenings of our weekend. I'll get better...I promise.

If you read my last post, you know that Finn's birthday fell on Easter this year. We celebrated with cake, candles, and Star Wars decorations (Finn's choice).


The cake was yummy....apparently.Presents were opened. The grand finale...an eight dollar blue light saber. For the last two months, anytime Finn was asked about his birthday, the words "blue lightsaber" would come out of his mouth.
"Finn, what do you want for your birthday?" "A blue lightsaber."
"Finn, what kind of party do you want to have?" "A blue lightsaber."
"Finn, how old are you going to be?" "Five, and I want a blue lightsaber."

He had his heart set on this toy.

I don't know what I'm going to do when he wants an Aston Martin. I guess I better start saving up.We did the traditional Easter egg hunt, blue lightsaber in hand.


Audrie coordinated her outfit with Finn's. She's always conscious of photo ops and plans accordingly. Finn had a little help from the big guys.
And, when you're height challenged, a boost comes in handy.
The big surprise of the day came when the guy on the left walked through the door.
My brother flew in from Africa to surprise my mom. She thought he wouldn't be able to visit until May, but for about a month and a half, we were planning this sneaky event. After church, the whole family was meeting at my house for lunch. Several of us had to "run to the grocery store" aka downtown and pick up some "sweet relish" aka Van. Well, the quick trip to the grocery store ended up taking a little over an hour, and with multiple stories floating around, truths getting bent, slightly, we were afraid my mom was getting suspicious. We dropped Van off around the corner, suitcase in hand, and went back to the house. We explained that stores were closed, a wreck caused traffic, space aliens were attacking, etc., etc. and proceeded to fix our plates. Five minutes later the doorbell rang. My mom suspected the robot clown Finn asked for. Instead, my brother walked through the door. A couple of screams later, and everyone was in tears. We got it all on tape.
It was a good day.
Nessa Dee


1 comment:

My Life as a Davis said...

Van looks great! What a surprise for your mom! Happy Birthday, Finn. Happy Easter.